1. For eyelids: RF skin tightening can decrease skin laxity on the eyelids. Your provider will make you wear special contact lenses during the procedure to protect your eyes from RF energy. Sometimes, the surgeon may use a local anesthetic in the periorbital region. It has no downtime and little to no side effects. Patients can expect mild-to-moderate improvement in the tightness of their eyelid skin.
2. For forehead and eyebrows: RF facials are effective in elevating the brow line. The procedure tightens the skin and pulls back eyebrows from the mid-pupillary line, or the eye’s center, giving them a natural, acute angle.
3. For cheeks: RF treatments can tighten loose skin in the cheek area. The therapy can decrease the surface area of a person’s jowls or saggy skin below the cheeks. It can also effectively treat nasolabial folds, commonly referred to as smile or laugh lines.
Facial rejuvenation via radiofrequency skin tightening is safe for all skin types. Studies have shown 96% improvement in patients who got the lax skin around their cheeks and neck treated.
4. For abdomen, thighs, and buttocks: RF treatments are an effective body contouring method for these areas and successfully reduce post-pregnancy skin laxity.
5. For arms and knees: Multiple treatments may be necessary for tightening loose skin on the arm. Surgeons need to be extra cautious when applying RF to knees as the skin in that area is thin and extra sensitive.