IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light, a multi-wavelength light therapy treatment that goes deep into the dermis to revitalize your skin’s condition at the cellular level. Because IPL light therapy reaches deeper into the tissues, the topmost layer of skin remains unharmed, significantly lowering the risk of side effects. Pigment in your cells absorbs the light, which is converted to heat, effectively resetting the clock on your skin’s cells.
IPL benefits include:
• Reducing even the most stubborn sun spots and dark spots
• Repairing visible blood vessels
• Improving pigmentation irregularities from minor to severe
• Combating acne and blemish issues such as blackheads, whiteheads, papules, pustules, nodules, cysts, sebum, bacteria, hormonal irritations, dead skin cells, and ingrown hairs
• Diminishing the appearance of scars
• Proven treatment of rosacea (along with other skin redness)
• Stimulating collagen growth
• Improving skin texture
• May be combined with Peels, HydraFacial®, and other superficial treatments of the epidermis. This is because IPL targets deeper layers of the skin; therefore, the superficial layers can be worked on simultaneously or back-to-back.