The microscopic organisms that cause fungal infections are sometimes difficult to avoid, especially if you’re in damp environments like the beach, a pool, or the locker room at the gym. If there is an injury to your toes, they can be particularly susceptible. Covering the problem up with footwear can exacerbate the infection if not enough air circulation reaches your skin. This can lead to detachment from the nail bed, discomfort when walking, and it can spread to other nails.
Thankfully, laser fungus removal at Balanced Aesthetics can help. The laser energy passes harmlessly through the nail itself to reach the area where the fungus grows—beneath the nail, where it’s most difficult to reach. The fungus absorbs the energy, effectively killing it and preventing further spread.
Laser fungus removal has these benefits:
• Generally more effective than other options for treating fungus
• The disappearance of yellow, white, or brown discoloration and flaky debris at the infected area
• Nail reattachment to the nail bed (once healed and the fungus is completely gone)
• Normal shape and texture of new nail—the disappearance of thickness, bumps, and abnormal nail shape
• Sessions are quick and usually only take about 30 minutes to complete